About AJI Peruvian Grill
Our restaurant has been delighting customers for almost four years all over the Greater Houston Area with an amazing variety of culinary options with real Peruvian taste. We pride ourselves on having a clientele that is faithful to our kitchen and has helped us keep the bar high in dishes quality and service.
We are in the search for staff to help serve our customers daily. If you feel you meet the requirements for the position and would like to apply, please forward your CV and your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832-887-1591.
The waiter is an employee who spends most of the time in the dining area of the restaurant, with frequent entries into the kitchen. He/she takes orders and delivers food and beverages to the customers.
Waiter responsibilities include greeting, seating and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. Must be able to perform well in fast-paced environments. To be a successful Waiter in AJI Peruvian Grill, he/she should be polite and patient with the customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. Must also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with the Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Waiter/Waitress duties require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for the guests.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software (Clover or similar), order-slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Prepare drinks
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a clean/tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to the kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Cleaning of the dining area and bathrooms before and after the restaurant open hours to customers.
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with the cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Clover POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
- Bilingual English and Spanish